SODEICO recruits for a social and behaviour change project focused on improving malaria behaviors for a consortium of non-governmental organizations led by Johns Hopkins University:
JOB TITLE: NATIONAL COORDINATOR STAFF REQUESTED: 1SALARY: COMPETITIVE LOCATION: YAOUNDE (CAMEROON)
1. CONTEXTSODEICO Manpower is recruiting a "NATIONAL COORDINATOR” to lead a Social Behavior Change (SBC) program in Cameroon. This project will focus its efforts, in particular, on collaboration with the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) to reduce malaria related morbidity and mortality.2. ORGANIZATIONAL POSITION The National Coordinator will report to Cameroon's Team Leader based at Johns Hopkins University Center for Communciation Programs based in Baltimore, USA
3. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
3.1 Main responsibilities The national coordinator will ensure:• Overall leadership,• Project management,• Financial supervision and project reports,• Liaison with the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) and other implementing partners and donors to implement high quality activities aimed at influencing these behaviors to protect populations at risk of disease morbidity and preventable mortality from malaria.• Program supervision and research related to social and behavioral change to achieve the following objectives: (1) Improving the consideration of the main behaviors of malaria at the community level; (2) Improving the behavior of health workers favoring effective malaria service delivery; and (3) capacity of the NMCP / Ministry of Health and other partners to coordinate, design, implement, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the SBC at national and sub-national levels.
3.2 Specific responsibilities • Oversee the overall planning, implementation, financial supervision, monitoring and evaluation of the project,• Set priorities for the overall technical vision of the project in Cameroon,• Provide strategic and management direction,• Establish and maintain effective working relations with the NMCP and partners in Cameroon,• Coordinate with local research partners and the Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs (CCP) research team to ensure high-quality training, data collection and analysis, consistent with the research objectives and protocols approved by the local and JHU ethics committees.• Ensure a positive and responsive relationship with the donor, specifically PMI.• Ensure high technical, administrative and financial management standards.• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures of management and the funder,• Oversee and guide the development of the annual work plan in partnership with CCP HQ,• Work with finance staff to budget appropriately for annual activities and overall program funds,• Supervise the writing of technical and program reports and compliance with reporting and programming requirements,• Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential stakeholders and partners,• Serve as spokesperson and advocate, promoting cooperation with the donors, the Government of Cameroon and others,• Maintain open and responsive relationships with CCP headquarters by ensuring work plans, budgets, annual reports, etc. be shared in due course.• Supervise other members of project staff in Cameroon, including two regional coordinators based in Maroua and Garoua and an administrative and financial manager based in Yaoundé,• Manage and resolve implementation issues with the team leader and project staff at CCP Headquarters; oversee the compliance of program data quality, including data tracking systems and follow-up records, to ensure that the program complies with the donor's auditing standards,• Approve local financial transactions and manage and authorize local bank account expenditures; overseeing and approving all aspects of logistics and project procurement, including office infrastructure; development of sub-allocations, including compliance with the program objectives and financial and administrative regulations of the funder.
4. BASIC AND SPECIFIC SKILLS
• Strong demonstrated management skills;• Experience with programs of social behaviour change in Cameroon;• Experience in coordinating qualitative and quantitative research;• Experience in technical, financial and administrative supervision;• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;• Excellent written and oral presentation skills;• Ability to manage remotely located program staff;• Flexibility and ability to work independently;• Proficiency in French and English;• Strong professional reputation.• Experience with malaria and coordination with Cameroon NMCP;• Fulfulde language proficiency (an asset);• Ability to effectively create and maintain strategic partnerships;• Strategic vision and leadership qualities;• Understanding of local employment law and labor legislation.
5. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED• Bachelor degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Business/Communication or similar disciplines;• Experiences in similar field of at least seven (7) years (required).
6. LANGUAGES FLUENCY• Very good knowledge of French and English (verbal and written).
7. COMPUTER LITERACY• Excellent comprehension of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ...)
8. YOUR APPLICATIONInterested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting the following: • a copy of their CV with specific mentions of at least 3 professional references (Word format only, other formats will not be considered); and• A cover letter.
All complete applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org referenced as “ Application for the position of National Coordinator” before the 6th of December 2018 at noon (CAT). Please note:• Successful applicants must be able to present their academic records;• Only selected applicants will be contacted and convened for an interview;• Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |