ROLE PROFILE Title: Program Lead – Maternal, Sexual & Reproductive HealthFunctiona Area: ProgrammeReports to: Head of Programmes , Plan International CameroonLocation: Country Office Grade: D1Travel required: FrequentEffective Date: February 2020
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We recognize that the abuse and exploitation of children and young people occurs throughout the world and in all societies and includes physical, sexual, emotional abuse and neglect. Furthermore, it is important that vulnerable and excluded children, particularly girls, have control over their lives and bodies, and make informed choices about identity and relationships, and if and when to have children. Value PositionThe post holder will provide leadership and strategic direction for Plan’s programs in Maternal, Child and Sexual Reproductive Health (and Nutrition &WASH) impact areas.The purpose of this position is:
- to ensure Plan Cameroon has a systematic process for ensuring Adolescent (girls & boys) and young people (girls & boys) sexual and reproductive health and rights priorities are covered across the spectrum of actions required for adolescents and young people to survive, thrive, and bring about transformative change as envisioned through the Country Strategy
- The incumbent will lead Plan’s country programs on sexual & reproductive health and rights and shall oversee all portfolios handled by project managers in that sector. Ensuring that all projects are aligned to the Country Strategy according to Government policies and strategies. S/He will be expected to develop tools and guidance proactively to have a consistent way of implementing Plan’s approaches and strategies for maternal health, sexual & reproductive health.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLEThe post holder is member of Extended Country Leadership Team and reports to the Head of Programs with no direct reports. The position is based in the country office with no delegation of authority to approve or commit expenditure except if formally appointed to do so.
- Provide technical support for programmatic support for the promotion of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), contributing to the identification of critical factors, gaps and actions necessary for the promotion, protection and respect for girls’ rights, including in the theme gender-based violence, adolescent and women's rights, rights of people living with HIV.
- In coordination with government authorities and partners ensure that the implementation of the Guidelines for Interventions in the Field of SRHR & Gender-Based Violence in Development & Humanitarian Contexts and Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP) are addressed in the response to emergency.
- A clear strategic paper is designed to detail how the Country Strategy’ program objective “Decide” on MCH, RSHR, and “Thrive” on Nutrition and WASH will be implemented.
- Support Project Managers in developing tools and guidance to harmonize the way we do program work and implement program quality procedures in a consistent way
- Develop and implement a detailed MCH-SRH strategy for Plan International in Cameroon which will support the delivery of the Country Strategy and reflects the Global Strategy.
- Expand Plan’s work on IMCI, ECD, IYCF, …etc across Plan’s geographic areas and contribute to influence other stakeholders beyond.
- Ensuring Health and Safety policies and standards are in place for the Country Office and understood and adhered to.
- Position Plan as active member of SRHR for adolescents & ECD areas of distinctiveness in relevant global networks.
- Supports DRM Manager in designing proposals and implementing projects for diseases-related emergencies as well as nutrition/food crisis.
- Applies/introduces innovative approaches and good practices to build capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable project results.
Portfolio Management- Support in monitoring project implementation milestones and reporting requirements in collaboration with MERKM units and BD team.
- Budget management responsibility at country level according to annual plan; consolidating and analysing all Health related project budgets outputs and advise project managers and Head of Programs of achievements and issues on regular basis.
- Thorough understanding of global developments on MNH/SRHR and in particular follows trends and updates from WHO, UNICEF and UNFPA and ensure alignment of the project with both international and national MNH/SRH priorities and plans.
- Liaise with other partners to identify areas for lobbying and advocacy and work with them to develop action plans/initiatives to address the same.
Proposal writing- Monitors CS program objective achievements and provide guidance to CMT, BD and Program Implementation and influence Areas on programmatic gaps as well as RM strategies or funding opportunities to achieve the goal
- Develop high quality proposals in collaboration with BD, project managers and other heads of impact areas according to sound child rights situation analysis, Plan’s CS objectives and GoS priorities.
Monitoring & Reporting- Conduct regular (monthly) field visits to ensure that projects are implemented at the highest quality standards and according to Plan’s approaches
- Technical review of all project reports in the sectors
- Prepares corporate reports (Monthly, Quarterly and Annual) that demonstrates clear picture/footprint of Plan’s work in the field.
- Production of regular and high-quality project narrative & financial reports as required by the donor and internally within Plan International network
- Production of baseline, rapid internal mid-term and end of project assessments (including gender and adolescents), monitoring and evaluation reports and dissemination.
- Take a significant leadership role in compiling and sharing relevant, timely input for various internal and external communications material
Networking and influencing- Represent Plan in all relevant fora for maternal, sexual and reproductive health
- Position Plan International as the leading organization for girls’ rights in the country
- Secure strategic partnership with key partners on SRHR like UNFPA and demonstrate aggressive fund raising
- Influence government and strategic stakeholders for an adolescent-friendly SRHR services in our areas of operations including other influencing initiatives in the Country Strategy
DEALING WITH PROBLEMS- Conduct risks analysis for each Health related project and advice management and field offices.
- Develops health safety protocols for Plan’s offices and project interventions
- High degree of complexity in resolving a wide range of challenges related to the project
- Ability to solve high impact problems by providing flexible, dynamic, agile and innovative problem-solving leadership and implementation as needed throughout the project
- Works with minimum supervision, but in strong collaboration and cooperation within a team and partnership
- Designs, develops and supports the implementation of health programs within the organization
- Puts in place creative and easy to understand approaches that would support staff in understanding and implementing health programs
- Analyses issues for decision making to strengthen and support delivery of health programs that meets organizational requirements and refer to high manager and governance structures for approval.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
KEY RELATIONSHIPSWorking contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact;
Internal - A member of the Program Technical & Strategic Team: collaborating with other functions - sponsorship, finance, HR, IT and operations to ensure that program work is delivered timely with high quality- Regionally; A member of the WACAH Networks: supporting colleagues and drawing on the support they can offer. - Globally; Relates to International Networks like ECD, SRH for technical support on Global Policy, key strategies and approaches and share successes and learnings.
External - Represents Plan in all relevant sectorial fora in Cameroon; health, SRH, WASH, Nutrition, Maternal & Child Health and others- Interact with Government institutions responsible for Health, Nutrition, WASH and ECD issues.- MoH, WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA and other UN bodies- Donors and other Agencies- Local partners
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications and Experience - Advanced university degree in Public Health, Medicine, Social Sciences or a related discipline. Research experience and a PhD is an asset.- 5 years of experience in global public health, with a focus on SRHR; advanced knowledge on policy development, monitoring and evaluation and programming in low-resource settings; excellent communication, writing and presentation skills; solid field experience within the field of SRHR in low-resource settings is required; prior experience with adolescent and youth SRHR, including child marriage programming is an asset; experience in gender programming is an asset.
Essential Skills & Knowledge- Proven experience leading, managing and implementing large international development projects in community based maternal new-born health, health systems, adolescent programming, sexual and reproductive health rights, nutrition, WASH and/ or community development
- Professional experience interacting with Government donor agencies, host country governments, and other relevant stakeholders
- Senior level knowledge of project management within large grant context
- Extensive knowledge of the health system in Cameroon considered an asset
- Knowledge of Results Based Management models
- Ability to integrate latest knowledge and best practices into program design
- Strong knowledge of the Rights of Child.
- Experience managing a large child-centered and community based programs for an international NGO.
- Demonstrated knowledge about gender and development, and demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing programs that mainstream and promote gender equality at all levels.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |