Location: Yaounde, CE, CM
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. However, these are often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. In addition, it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. Moreover, we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Position: Procurement Coordinator
Functional Area: Supply chain and Logistics Team
Reports to: Operations
Travel required: 30%
Effective start date: June 2020
Plan International works with children, young people and communities to tackle the root causes of discrimination, exclusion and vulnerability. Children’s rights, and the rights of women and girls are at the heart of what we do and, as such, we must internally hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
The Procurement Coordinator is responsible for managing all processes around procurement at the Country Office. S/he must ensure transparency, accountability and timeliness for all procurements.
The Procurement Coordinator promotes a working environment which effectively supports Plan Cameroon program delivery and ensure accountabilities to children, communities, and donors.
As a frontline staff of procurement, the Procurement Coordinator must demonstrate a high understanding of the procurement requirements of the country, national market, international procurement regulations, as well as mastery of organisational policies, procedures, compliance requirements and their impact on Plan international Cameroon operations.
The Procurement Coordinator is responsible for providing timely and reliable procurement information, analysis and reports for effective management decision making.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
• The position of Procurement Coordinator is an integral part of the team responsible for the overall supply chain management of the organisation: ensuring value for money in all procurement transactions
• The position is part of a country supply chain team managing procurement of goods and services for the Country Office
• The position demonstrates at all times high professional work ethics, skills, knowledge, and integrity
Ensure value for money during procurement of all goods and services needed for the operations of the organisation
Ensure that all procurements respect country requirements, organisational policies, procedures, donor requirements, and documentation meet organisational compliance requirements
Lead the preparation and processing of bidding documents (individual and public tenders) for fair, equitable and transparent procurement processes
Produce and maintain an up-to date database on suppliers and prices for the organisation
Ensure that all the procurement activities are captured in relevant operating systems/software of the organisation
Ensure clarity on procurement requirements to staff – documentation, procedures, compliance, procurement planning, roles and timelines around procurement
Oversee and coordinate the reception, transportation and storage of goods and services to final destination points
• Manage the financial risks exposure of procurements in-country, as well as ensuring efficient use of Plan International resources at all times
• Ensure that transparency is guaranteed in all procurement processes to prevent fraud, collusion and bribery
• Generate and disseminate complete, accurate and relevant monthly procurement reports on user friendly, standardized templates to support management decision making.
• Build capacity of staff across the country to respect fully the corporate requirements and procedures on procurement
• Ensure that all procurement risks management tools and controls are periodically reviewed to eliminate any malpractices from the operating environment (Duty Matrix, Procurement Checklist, etc.)
• Prepare the monthly Procurement cash forecast, procurement plan and ensure all related follow-up are timely completed
• Ensure appropriate procurement standards, controls processes, procedures, and systems are in place and adhered to
• Work closely with supervisor of the role to ensure audit actions are implemented and alternative actions taken as required to address weaknesses in controls and procedures identified
• Keep supervisor informed of any difficulties related to the procurement for immediate attention and redress
Staff management and supervision
• Support the recruitment and development of a high performing procurement team
• Ensure performance management of supervisees in line with the defined standard
Implementation of Child and Youth Safeguarding measures
1. Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
• Reports to Operations
• Provides procurement services and business advice on procurement and project management teams
• Manages the performance of Adminstrative Assistant(s) linked to procurement
• Work closely with project teams/finance/grants staff and sub-grantees to ensure appropriate implementation of projects
• Advice proposal development teams on key procurement requirements
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
• Relevant university or professional qualification(s) in Supply Chain management; procurement, or a related field with at least 5 years’ experience, preferably with INGO;
• Knowledge of International procurement procuredures/processes is an asset.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to meeting deadlines
• Good written and spoken French and English an asset
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft office packages, Great Plains, SAP systems is an advantage
• Proven integrity and work ethics
• Striving for high performance across the team and for Plan’s business
• Strategic thinking and innovation – finding efficiencies in the use of resources
• Decision making and risk management – identification and action on procurement risk management in line with compliance requirements
• Influence and communication – able to communicate concerns to managers and teams
• Building effective teams and partnerships – with teams and suppliers
• Developing people – leaving a legacy of an able team
• Self-awareness and resilience – operating in a highly volatile and developing context
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
1. Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
2. Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
3. Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
4. Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
5. Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
1. Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
2. Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
3. Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
4. Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
1. Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
2. Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
3. Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
4. Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
1. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
2. We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
3. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
This position is based at the Country Office. The incumbent is required to travel 30% of the time according to the need of support from program areas
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
MID CONTACT: OCCASIONAL INTERACTION WITH CHILDREN
The job responsibilities of this position does not require the post holder to have any one-to-one contact with children on a daily basis. There would be occasional contact with children and it is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
NEXT STEP: To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English, will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |