Location: Yaounde, CE, CM
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Position: Communications Professional Intern
Department & Location: Communications
Date: May 2020
Reports to: WACAH Communication and Media Lead
Purpose: How does this post support Plan’s strategy and mission?
In March 2020, Plan International declared a Red Alert response to the Covid-19 crisis. All WACA COs as well as WACA regional hub developed emergency response plans with a whole lot dedicated to communication, C4D, Media relations, social media campaigns, etc. In addition to that, the communication team is leading on some critical organizational social media campaigns to position Plan International as a Go-to organization for It is thus critical to get the support of a professional intern that will assist the Communication and Media Lead in the gathering and production of numerous communication tools to inform all our publics through divers channels. The whole process will be full of challenges which will constitute a huge learning and sharing opportunity for the intern.
Dimensions of Role:
• Gain more experience in disaster communication, Media relation and campaigning
• Support WACAH communication department with professional skills where applicable.
• 3 months June – August 2020; renewable in case of good behaviour and performance.
• Acquire new skills in disaster communication, campaigns, Media relations and advocacy
• Assist in the editing and translation of documents
• Support information gathering for various graphic design works
• Assist in internet research and press review and inform appropriately
• Support contact with Media partners
• Assist in the production of contents for various communication channels
• Support in the crafting of messages for communication tools
• Contribute to social media communications and campaigns as assigned
• Support packaging of content for donor offices (NOs)
• Support Admin works for WACA Comms Unit
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications and Knowledge
• A first degree or Masters in Communications, journalism, translation, etc.
• A minimum of academic internship in the areas of communication, journalism, translation, etc.
• Familiarity with the social, political and economic context of the West and Central Africa region, and its humanitarian and development issues;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complicated and technical issues in a concise and clear way;
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, including ability to find, absorb, analyse and prioritise information from many different sources;
• Ability to summarize information into few digestible lines for any audience;
• Good knowledge of internal and external communication;
• Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, with competing priorities and minimal supervision;
• Flexibility and adaptability;
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work in multi-national, multi-cultural teams;
• Fluency in English and French.
Outputs and Deliverables
• It is expected that the intern learns and delivers assignments in the respect of code of conduct, deadlines, and minimum quality standards as agreed with the Comms and Media Lead.
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
• Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
• Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
• Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
• Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
• Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
• Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
• Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
• Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
• Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
• Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
• Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
• Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
• Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
• We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
• We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
• We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
Communications and Working Relationships
Works with WACAH’s Communication and Media Lead to acquire new skills in crisis and fundraising communications, campaigns implementation and advocacy - High
Liaises with other Regional and GH Comms staff to ensure consistent approach regarding Global Identity and Strategy – Medium
Attend meetings and make relevant papers and write-ups - Medium
Represent Plan International at external forums as appropriate - Very Low
Liaise with program team- Medium
Collaborate and consult with colleagues in WACA COs - Medium
Physical Environment and Demands
• Work under pressure to acquire new experience
• Keep to strict deadlines
• Support conflicting demands
Level of Contact with Children
Very low contact: Occasional interaction with young people on social media
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Type of Role: Communication
Reports to: WACAH Communication and Media Lead
Closing Date: May 27, 2020
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |