These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
4. Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
5. Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and accordance with the procedures
6. Coordinate, involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
7. Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, method and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
· Supervision and coordination of Wash and Shelter project field staff
· Organize the documents for partnerships, Supervise the implementing partner’s activities implementations delegated portfolio of Wash and Shelter projects (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality, and provide regular reports to PDM.
· Participate and contribute in the development of Wash and Shelter strategy development and provide input on needs and gaps from relevant areas
· Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
· Develop grants opening, grants review and grant’s closure documents, as delegated from PDM
· Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
· Identify learning and training opportunities for NRC staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff. Look for opportunities for experiential learning within all work.
· Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders
· Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
· Prepare and oversee the implementation process to ensure timely delivery of programme activities (for example, monitoring against logframes, individual performance management workplans).
· Prepare timely narrative reports on project activities in compliance with internal NRC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
· Ensure that NRC’s work in WASH programming is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and represent organization at Interagency Coordination meetings.
· In collaboration with the emergency section feed in learning, experiences and evidence to relevant global advocacy objectives relating to WASH.
· To ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender and children issues. In particular, to promote the full and equal participation of women and in all aspects of the work.
· Comply with all relevant NRC policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
· Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of WASH Programmes of at least 4 years’ experience in a senior coordination position in a humanitarian and development programme preferably with an INGO.
· Experience in coordinating projects and staff supervisory roles
· Experience in coordinating and undertaking hygiene promotion in a relief programme and management of pandemic’s is essential.
· Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is essential. Experience with other computer programs such as SAP 2000 and Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
· Experience in Shelter and WASH programming;
· Proven experience in Wash and Shelter, Income Generation Activities and NFI project management
· Experience from working in wash and shelter in humanitarian/recovery context
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Fluency in English and work knowledge of French are required
· Experience in proposal development
· Experience in report writing
· Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
• Knowledge of South-West and North-West regions use, habit and local language
• Experience of working with partners e.g. Local NGOs
• Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
• Highest standard of ethics and integrity
• Ability to work in insecure environments
• Communicating with respect
• Good analytical skills, with an ability to translate analysis into recommendations for practical action, including concept note and proposal development.
• Knowledge and experience of the application of SPHERE standards and links to emergency and longer-term development practice.
• Proven experience of effective integration of gender in public health programming
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2. Behavioural competencies:
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
· Handling insecure environments
· Managing resources to optimize results
· Empowering and building trust
· Managing performance and development
· Planning and delivering results
Month salary/benefits according to NRC Cameroon Salary Scale, terms and conditions.
Fix term contract: One year with possible extension.
Medical Insurance for staff and dependents.
Duty Station: Bamenda, Cameroun with 75% of field travels
All applications must be submitted ONLINE at : https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |