Location: Garoua, Cameroon
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Cameroon is a Non-Governmental, independent and humanitarian organization working for a just world that promotes children's rights and equality for girls. Through its mission, it contributes to the sustainable improvement of the well-being of children, their families and their communities through the implementation of emergency and development projects/programmes in the areas of sexual and reproductive health, education, child protection and household economic security. Plan International Cameroon began implementing its programmes/projects in the North and Far-North regions in 2008 and 2009 respectively. Since then, many projects have been implemented in addition to sponsorship within the target communities.
In spite of the existence of online systems such as ChildData, the upcoming TaroWorks and Y.O.D.A with some capability to manage sponsored children (SC), tracking these SC as well as the clients of other projects is a challenge. It is still not possible to determine from these systems, the exact number of SC who have benefitted from different types of support provided by different projects implemented by Plan International Cameroon over the years. Monitoring SC through home visits is done using paper-based questionnaires which is a problem because, this has many limitations in terms of reliability of data collected. In line with Plan International’s Global strategy to enable 100 million girls to Learn, Lead, Decide and Thrive, Plan International Cameroon seeks to reach 2 million girls through its projects. However, managing the Clients of the various projects implemented remains a major challenge, as there is no reliable system in place to systematically prevent double counting as well as track their mobility in real time. It is time to leverage data and technology to better serve these needs through innovative projects in order to make our programmes youth-friendly, gender transformative, effective, efficient and impactful. This can be done using innovative solutions at the level of PIIAs by strengthening our existing digitalized sponsorship processes and extending it to include project client management in general.
Plan International Cameroon has decided an innovative project by designing and implementing a digital platform called ProC-MIS (Programme Client Management Information System) dedicated for the management of the clients of the projects implemented across Garoua and Maroua PIIAs. In order to implement this innovative project, Plan International Cameroon is seeking to recruit two(02) Software Developer.
Contract type : Service Provider with fixed-term contract.
Location : Garoua, Cameroon.
Expected start date : ASAP
Dimension of role :
• Responsible of the software development of ProcMIS digital platform
• Ensure that all functional and non-functional needs described in specifications document are fully programming, testing and validating.
• Ensure that all technical constraints required in specifications document are fully programming, testing and validating.
Roles and Responsibilities
Analysis and Requirement Gathering
Gather complex system requirements by meeting with clients and researching existing technology to understand the business requirements and possible solutions for new applications.
Design and Development
• Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
• Document code and associated processes by adhering to development methodologies, adding code comments and appropriate documentation to various knowledge-based system(s) to simplify code maintenance and to improve support.
• Provide thought leadership in designing and developing innovative integrated solutions.
• Provide guidance in application design and development.
Testing and Documentation
• Directing system testing and validation procedures.
• Test all changes by using the appropriate complex test scenarios to ensure all delivered functionalities work as expected and errors are handling in a meaningful way.
• Author and maintain technical documentation by writing audience-appropriate materials to serve as technical and/or end-user references.
Implementation and Maintenance
• Ensure the deployment, administration and maintenance of the production version of the digital Solution designed on Amazon Web Services or Azure Cloud Services.
• Monitor changes and resolve complex problems by responding as they occur, by reviewing all processing and output of the newly implemented
• Preparing reports on programming ProcMIS project specifications, activities, or status.
• Consulting with project team on project status and proposals.
• Conferring with project team to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
What are the primary linkages for this post?
• PIIA Manager
• ICT Coordinator (dotted line)
• M&E Specialist
Programme Implementation and Influencing Area Manager – GarouaCountry IT ManagerICT Coordinator - Technical reporting line (dotted)
MERL Specialist / M&E OfficerProject Coordinator Cameroon Innovative project
External : Service Provider of Cloud Services : Amazon Web Services/Azure Cloud Services/Play Store.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related discipline.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in web and Mobile applications : design and implementation.
• Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
• Experience working on a variety of software development projects especially with Spring Boot and Spring MVC(Model View Controller) framework.
• Experience on a Mobile App development project especially with Ionic framework.
• Familiarity with AWS and/or Azure Cloud Services
• Demonstrate success on PostgreSQL, Spring Boot and Ionic application development project as at least junior individual contributor.
• Must understand OOP (Object-Oriented-Programming), a good understanding of the Spring boot framework for back-end Web development and ability to documentation standards
• Knowledge of Ionic framework for Android Development
• Knowledge of JUnit, Mockito, and Hamcrest testing frameworks.
• Must be organized and work well in a team setting. Be open to feedback from others and give honest non-judgmental feedback to others.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
• Working knowledge of English and the common national language
• Experience working with Spring Boot and Ionic frameworks.
• Excellent writing and reporting skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
• High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
• Ability to deliver quality results.
• Communicates clearly and effectively
• Demonstrates clear respect to all and especially children and women without discrimination
• Involves others in setting and achieving goals
• Demonstrates honesty and transparency in holding self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and Plan’s standards of behavior
• Sees contribution of own part of the organization in wider Plan and external context
• Balances future vision with practical delivery
• Cross culturally adept
• Acts as a team player, willing to get the best outcome overall, adjusting own priorities if necessary
• Promotes a strong learning culture in the organization
• Remains calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
• Committed to promoting children and young people safeguarding, gender equality at the workplace and beyond
TERMS OF PAIEMENT
The software developer will receive 350,000 FCFA (Three hundred and fifty thousand CFA).
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
• Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
• Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
• Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
• Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
• Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
• Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
• Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
• Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
• Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
• Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
• Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
• Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
• Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
This position requires to have ability of work outside in extremely hot climate and 10% of travel time within Garoua and Maroua PIIA with 90% office work. May also travel externally when needed.
Level of contact with children
Mid contact: Medium interaction with children during field visits, events and campaigns.
HOW TO APPLY
• Potential candidates will have to submit their application file online.
• The application should include:
o A cover letters
o A comprehensive detailed Curriculum Vitae
• Only applications received in English or French will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• The candidates shortlisted shall undergo a written test prepared by Country IT Team.
Type of Role: Software Developer
Reports to: ICT Coordinator
Grade: Consultant Service Contract
Closing Date: 28/02/2021
All applications must be submitted ONLINE at : https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Garoua-Software-Developer/652392701/
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |