JRS (Jesuit Refugee Service) Cameroon is looking for a Livelihood monitoring agent perfectly bilingual to support internally displaced people in Yaounde.
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organization working in more than 50 countries with the mission of accompanying, serving and defending the rights of refugees or forcibly displaced persons. JRS has been present in Cameroon since January 2015.
Duration: 6 months renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Probationary period: 1 month.
Type of contract: CDD under Cameroonian law
Start of mission: as soon as possible
Remuneration: salary aligned with the JRS salary grid.
Health insurance: medical coverage, 24 hours assistance.
Livelihood Monitoring agent
Education, psychosocial and livelihoods supports for internal displaced girls and women from North-West and South-West regions
JRS Project Director
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organization related to the Society of Jesus in Cameroon (COJECAM). Founded in 1980, JRS works in 56 countries around the world. Our mission is to accompany, serve and advocate the cause of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons.
To know more about our activities: https://jrs.net/en/home/
General goal of the position:
▪ Under the supervision of the JRS project director, the livelihood monitoring officer supports internally displaced persons (IDPs) from the north-west and south-west regions in Yaounde in improving their livelihoods and socio-economic integration.
Planning of activities:
Under the supervision of the Project Director, he / she:
- Participates in the planning and preparation of weekly project activities.
- Plan the weekly interviews and visits of the people supported by the project.
Project implementation: Strengthen livelihoods and facilitate the socio-economic integration of IDPs in most vulnerable situations:
- Support IDPs (individually) in their process of socio-economic integration, in accordance with the JRS support methodologies;
- Report and transmit to the Project Director any situation likely to compromise the strengthening of livelihoods and / or the socio-economic integration process of IDPs ;
- Propose mediation, negotiation and possibly material support actions ;
- Participate in weekly and monthly field team meetings ;
- Work in partnership (under the supervision of the Project Director) with organizations and associations working in the same field of activity.
Reporting and evaluation:
In coordination with the JRS Project Director:
▪ He/ She participates to the JRS national team weekly and monthly meetings in Yaounde.
▪ He/ She writes social reports, reports of visits, meetings, as well as weekly and monthly activity reports sent to her hierarchy.
▪ He/ She participates in the identification of problems and new opportunities related to the project.
▪ He/ She helps at the project evaluation and expected results.
Fluent in both languages: English and French
Work experience of at least 02 years in the field of social assistance and / or in the private sector (companies, start-ups, etc.)
Bachelor's degree in sociology, business, law or social sciences.
Ability to reports of activities, meetings, interviews, visits.
Attitude and professional behavior: ability to work in a team, autonomy in the performance of one's duties, dynamism, honesty, sense of organization
Mastering IT tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet).
Skills and competences
Commited to ensure JRS values and code of conduct
Tactful, supportive, helpful, discreet, and responsible
Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
Ability to work within a team and provide support to colleagues;
Takes initiatives, be able to develop innovative solutions
Ability to adapt him/herself to different working conditions and tasks that may change with the reality on the ground.
Ability to work under pressure
Honest, openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
All applicants are requested to submit the following documents via the following emails addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Applications can also be physically submitted in a sealed envelope at the JRS office in Yaounde, Etoudi, Carrefour du palais, Ecobank building.
The deadline for receipt of applications is May 14, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a test and / or an interview.
JRS reserves the right to close the offer before the deadline indicated above if the applications received include enough profiles to match the position.
Any incomplete file or sending after the deadline for receipt will be systematically rejected.
Human resources department JRS Cameroon / CAR.
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |