Organization: DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL
Position: Support Service Team Leader
Location: Buea, South West Cameroon
Contract type: CDD
Duration of contract: 07 months
Start date: Immediately
Overall purpose of the role
Provide line management and leadership support to staff of Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources and Administrative Services.
Lead the development, timely and professional implementation of systems for each department/unit under Support Services to ensure they are effective, efficient, and compliance with DRC policies
· provide line management and leadership support to staff of Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources and Administrative Services
· Lead and manage the team (incl. HR planning, work-planning, technical support, objective setting, performance review, staff well-being and development)
· Lead the development, timely and professional implementation of systems for each department/unit under Support Services to ensure they are effective, efficient, and compliance with DRC policies.
· Actively identify issues and engage with the Area Manager and Support Services team in Yaounde to improve operations.
· Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the Support Services team activities
· Responsible for maintenance of a Master Budget for Support Services in Buea
· Ensure that thorough and effective budgetary control is in place, and ensure accountability and donor compliance in all financial documentation
· Prepare support service budgets in collaboration with relevant program managers
· Ensure full implementation and adherence to all DRC internal policies and procedures as well as local law regulation.
Supply Chain Support
· Ensure implementation and quality of DRC’s supply chain systems and procedures, managing Supply Chain function to ensure timely and transparency of procurement and the compliance.
· Monitor procurement procedures, ensuring items are accounted for and quality/quantity control in stock reports and asset inventory
· Develop and ensure effective controls over vehicles use and maintenance. Ensure Vehicle Logbook are implemented and reviewed regularly.
· Support the program teams in procurement planning to ensure timely delivery of project inputs and activities.
· Oversee weekly and monthly status reports across all Supply Chain Function
· Warehouse management, including supporting distribution planning with program staff.
· Supervise Procurement of all goods and services, establish and follow up annual procurement plans, track all orders, purchases and deliveries
· Coordination of programme staff to ensure logistics involvement in the whole programme cycle
· Ensure that all logistics specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected
· Oversight of all purchase and service contracts to ensure DRC’s interests are protected
· Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts
· Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
· Ensure proper operation of DRC Dynamics ERP supply chain system by staff under supervision
· Apply report and data analytics to improve supply chain operation in area of concern
HR and Admin
· Lead internal HR duties, including tracking staff attendance, leave requests, gathering timesheets, filing contracts, and assisting in the preparation and updating of payroll database, ensure proper filing of contracts – including management of staff contracts, including contract renewals, amendments, exit clearances
· Lead external HR duties, including posting vacancies, conducting recruitments, and drafting contracts.
· Ensure all new staff receive induction locally from support and technical staff, manage onboarding procedure (e.g. ensure email account set-up, receive equipment required for job, etc.
· Ensure systems are in place, and managed, for maintenance and repairs of DRC property (including property, assets and equipment) and vehicles
· Ensure correct functioning of IT equipment an internet, requesting support from specialist IT staff when required
· Manage leases at field to ensure the field office has valid leases and that payments to the lessors are done in a timely manner
· Manage timely payment of utilities at the field level, including ensuring the payment of communications fees
· Manage the travel arrangements of field staff and incoming visitors in coordination with Administrative staff in Yaounde.
· Ensure high quality day-to-day accounting of the field office's spending. This will include, financial review of all order requests submitted by program and support staff to ensure eligible and well-informed spending, maintaining the field office's cashbook, assuming cashier responsibilities, organizing and making all local payments, maintain a system for high quality verification of expenditures and supporting documentation, and maintain and monitor a system for accruals and outstanding payments all in accordance with DRC and donor rules and regulations;
· Ensure compliance with donor guidelines in the allocation of costs and management of funds.
· Prepare financial forecasts for Support Services in Base, Cash Transfer request (Programs and Support)
· Monitor support service budget expenditure reports for donors, and check compliance with donor financial reporting requirements
· Support the Yaounde based finance team in the preparation of all financial reports and audits for grants at periodic intervals and submit them to Head of Support Services for review;
· Lead monthly financial review meetings with budget holders and the Area Manager, and share minutes and analysis with the Area Manager and Yaounde senior management team;
· Provide strategic support, including projections and recommendations on financial matters to the Area Manager and Head of Support Services.
Become well versed in all applicable local laws and regulations and interact with relevant local authorities accordingly when tasked by the Area Manager
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
· At least two years’ experience preferably with a humanitarian INGO
· Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills
· A team player who is responsible, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels and different backgrounds
· Good analytical skills
· A problem solving and solution-oriented attitude; be methodical and adaptable
· Planning skills and attention to detail
· Ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver on set objectives within given deadlines
· Approachable and willingness to listen and assist finance and non-finance colleagues
· Ability to work under pressure and on irregular working hours
· Ability to occasionally conduct training of staff on finance related issues
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies: • Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes. • Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback. • Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation. • Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly. • Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Level 2 accountancy/Supply Chain qualification
Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
· English-professional Competency
Key stakeholders : (internal and external)
· DRC staff and partners
· Service providers
Knowledge of context: Minimum 10 years working / studying / living in South West or North West Cameroon. Applications that do not demonstrate this will not be considered.
Method of Application
Applications including a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st December 2021.
Subject of the email should be: 202112 Support Service Team Leader
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |