Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning Team Leader - READVERTISED
Location: Buea, South West Cameroon
Contract type: National Fixed Term contract
Contract Duration: 06 months
Anticipated start date: 1st February
Overall purpose of the role
· Responsible for supporting the development of a MEAL framework and protocols for each technical sector in line with the country strategy, ensure harmonized and standardized systems and procedures across different areas of intervention.
· Provide technical MEAL guidance and leadership at all levels of the Area Program such as leading efforts to document progress, effectiveness and impact for donors reporting requirements, and for use in new project design.
Geographic scope: Area (Buea)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations. This role will take the lead in the monitoring and evaluation duties for DRC’s programming in the Southwest region across the area program portfolio.
• Responsible for the development of logframes, MEAL plans in pursuit of high impact and cost effective program strategies and activities.
• Participate in project Kick-off meetings, review meetings and close-out meetings in order to highlight cross-project components aimed at replicating good practices and strengthening synergies between projects or programs.
• Develop and maintain global logframe for all programmes.
• Manage joint cross-sectoral assessments, evaluations, baseline and endline studies etc
Reporting and information
· Programme Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
· Develop and continuously update accountability strategy and lead on implementation of programme wide feedback and complaint mechanisms.
• Develop monitoring plans for all DRC projects in the Southwest region, including emergency, protection, food security and child protection.
• Participate in direct monitoring of program activities such as distributions, voucher redemptions, conducting PDMs etc. in line with M&E plans
• Ensure the development of appropriate monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that enhance monitoring of program outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on program outcome and promote and ensure use of data for decision-making processes.
• Write Post-Distribution Monitoring and other MEAL reports
• Develop and improve systems that strengthen DRC’ ability to analyze, improve, and represent impact internally and externally and most of all to communities themselves.
• Design and manage evaluations in compliance with DRC evaluation policy, from development of ToRs, to advising management on approval of final report, to dissemination of evaluation.
• Regularly present key findings to the Senior Management Team for further developmen
· Provide timely and high-quality advice to programme managers and staff as required;
· Capacity build, train and support sectors and field staff to improve the field monitoring or any other MEAL needs.
· Manage the MEAL team.
· Proactively support and advice on recruitment and induction of MEAL and relevant programme and project staff
As Team Leader the post-holder is responsible for the following:
· Overseeing the management of the M&E officers and assistants
· Accountable for ensuring that agreed work plans and tasks set by the next-level up Manager are implemented on time
· Hiring and termination of employees and conducting performance appraisals (closely overseen by the next-level manager)
Roles reporting to this position :
· Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning staff
Position reports to :
· Area Manager
· Technical manager: Head of Programme
Required experience and competencies
· Minimum 3 years of technical experience in M&E, and information management.
· Proven experience in effectively working with a variety of donors’ requirements including ECHO, EU, SDC, BHA and UN agencies.
· Previous staff management experience.
· Proven ability to create and utilize qualitative and quantitative M&E methods and analyses in organizational planning
· Full professional proficiency in English
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
· Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
· Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Master’s degree in development economics, statistics, research methods, or a similar field or 5 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge of context: Minimum 10 years working / studying / living in South West or North West Cameroon. Applications that do not demonstrate this will not be considered.
Method of Application
Applications including a cover letter and an updated CV including 03 references (no longer than four pages) in English should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 05th January 2022
Subject of the email should be 202112 MEAL Team Leader
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |