Position Title: Central Logistic Officer
PROJECT: USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM)
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC/PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC/PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
• Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics,
• Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
• Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities.
The primary role of the Central Logistics Officer is to lead the technical assistance to the National Procurement Center for Essential Drugs and Medical Devices (CENAME) on behalf of GHSC-PSM. This support includes the warehouse and inventory management, the distribution management, and the monitoring of the contract between GHSC-PSM and CENAME and any relating information.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Central Logistics Officer will be responsible for:
Warehousing & Inventory Management
1. Provide technical assistance to the technical actors of the CENAME for all questions relating to warehouse and inventory management
2. Take part in the receipt of shipments, including shipments procured with USAID funding
3. Provide Technical Assistance for best storage and warehousing practices
4. Collect the receipt Proof of Delivery (POD) to be captured in the commodity tracking tool and/or share with the data management unit
5. Collaborate with the W&D Advisor to initiate continuous improvement actions aimed at establishing good storage practices at CENAME
6. Assist CENAME in carrying out a monthly stock take of HIV products, as well as in cycle count aiming to reduce gap between physical inventory and the one of the Warehouse Management
7. Support the CENAME to conduct monthly status analyses of HIV commodities and share the reports with the data team and Senior LMD Coordinator
8. Support CENAME to conduct stock reconciliation of HIV commodities by funding source
1. Support CENAME to prepare the distribution schedule to resupply the various Regional Fund Health Promotion with respect of the quantities as mentioned by the NACC in the validated plan.
2. Conduct required verification to ensure the accuracy of distribution lists, packing & picking lists and Delivery Note (DN) generated by the CENAME and provide the necessary details to ensure the correct product tracking
3. Coordinate transport operations of health products against HIV to defined destinations including (RFHPs, PEPFAR supported organization, etc.) whether the distribution is ensured by CENAME or by 3PL
4. Ensure that standard practices and appropriate procedures for distribution are maintained as stipulated in contracts/work orders.
5. Carry out inspection of vehicles, ensuring that vehicles deployed by 3PLs are suitable, appropriate, and meet set standard as stipulated in the contracts/work orders for the provision of transportation services.
6. Collect copies of dispatch PODs to be captured in the tracking tool and/or shared with data management unit
7. In conjunction with the Commodity supervisor, carry-out spot-checks to conduct post distribution monitoring and report all non-conformance or adverse report (for e.g. commodity loss, by proxy delivery, lagging delivery times, use of non-compliant vehicles, etc.) concerning 3PL performance.
8. Coordinate with the finance team and the Warehouse and Distribution Advisor for reconciliation against confirmation of receipt and PODs of PEPFAR funded commodities for the payment of the Management fees of CENAME.
1. Share daily Last Mile Delivery (LMD) updates and troubleshoot to identify and address risks and disruption of LMD.
2. Support the CENAME to prepare and share inventory, stock status and stock reconciliation reports
3. Maintain proper filing of documentation related to inbound/outbound transactions (POD, DN, Inventory reports, expiries, etc.)
4. Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly technical reports on logistics activities as required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in pharmacy, Public Health, Logistics management or other related Sciences.
2. Long-term working resident experience in Cameroon with strong understanding of the Cameroon public health and pharmaceutical sector. Previous donor-funded field experience (e.g. PEPFAR, Global Fund, etc.) desired.
3. Specific experience in supply chain and programming related to HIV/AIDS, Malaria or TB strongly desired.
4. At least 3 years of relevant work experience
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a diverse staff, clients, and stakeholders.
6. Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time- sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
7. Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
8. Fluency in French is required. Fluency in English is preferred.
The Central Logistic Officer will be based at the central level and will report directly to the LMD Senior Coordinator.
Application Instructions: Please submit your letter of interest/motivation letter and CV through the following link Central Logistics Officer (CLO) - USAID GHSC-PSM (smartsheet.com) before February 11th 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |