Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Position: Finance Assistant
Number of Positions: 01
Location: Buea, South West Cameroon
Contract type: National Fixed Term contract
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Anticipated Start date: As soon as possible
Overall Purpose of the Role
This role focuses and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
· Verify that purchases have appropriate authorization and are signed by authorized team member.
· Assist Finance & Admin Team Leader in the closure of accounts at the end of the month.
· Provide technical financial and administrative support to field staff.
· Support in the implementation of financial policies and procedures.
· Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the appropriate accounting system.
· Establish, maintain, and reconcile ledger accounts on monthly basis.
· Maintain the contract follow up on a monthly basis, and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed, or/and paid on time.
· Scanning and filing relevant financial documents including supporting documents
· Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
· Cash book registry update on a daily basis, and cash count on a weekly, and monthly basis with the Finance and Administration Team Leader.
· Monitor cash reserves (cashbox and safe) and follow-up with cash replenishment.
· Act as cashier for payments to be processed and carry out cash distributions to the beneficiaries
· Monitor open cash advances and follow-up settlements.
· Assist in preparing bi-weekly cash requests from the Country Office.
Experience and technical competencies:
· Experience and technical competencies:
· Minimum 1 year work experience with an international NGO or UN Agency
· Proficient use of MS Office, with advanced Excel proficiency, such as using pivot tables, developing macros, etc.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
· Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
· Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
· Degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar - or equivalent professional.
· Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Office Package)
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
· Fluent in English
· Fluent in local South West Languages (pidgin)
· Intermediate in French
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
· Government authorities (tax, social security)
· DRC program and support services teams
Knowledge of context: Minimum 10 years working / studying / living in South West or North West Cameroon. Applications that do not demonstrate this will not be considered.
Method of Application
Applications including a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English should be sent to email@example.com by 31st May 2022.
Subject of the email should be 202205 FINANCE ASSISTANT. Applications without this subject shall not be considered.
N.B: Due to large volume of applications, only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |