Helen Keller International
About Helen Keller Intl
Helen Keller International is an International Non-profit Organization whose mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people. It fights against the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on data and research conducted around health system and food system. In Cameroon since 1992, we are mainly involved in the fight against Neglected Tropical Diseases, malnutrition and eye care.
Helen Keller International Cameroun is seeking a suitable candidate for the position of Finance Officer, based in Yaoundé, who will perform the following tasks:
Title of position: Finance Officer
Duty station: Yaounde, Cameroun
Reports to: Finance Manager
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
Duration: One-year renewable
Deadline to apply: 6th June 2023
Ø Dimension of the role:
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer (FO) will oversee the Accounting and Implementation of Internal Procedures of the office, including the project monitoring, budget analysis with both the country office and Global Finance on the financial management of specific projects. He/she will oversee the Financial Statements completion and submission with respect of delays.
Ø Description of specific tasks:
ü Accounting and Finance
· Review of transactions: Make deep verification of transactions, to ensure that both documentation and accounting codes are accurate.
· Analysis an explanations of balance sheet accounts and program budgets
· Finalization of monthly financial statements (complete and accurate), with respect of deadlines
· Review all the financial statements and approve necessary documentation before the Finance Manager.
· Check provisions and prepayment entries (to ensure that all current invoices and current operational advances are reflected in the provisions)
· Ensure the completeness of the accounting records in the system before the monthly closing.
· Ensure compliance with monthly amortization of provision and prepayment.
· Check all expatriate expense reports (Travel, Utilities, Security, Education) before approval.
· Ensure compliance with Helen Keller's financial procedures, and the maintenance of internal control systems.
· Prepare the elements of answers on the smartsheet after the review of the monthly report by the Global Finance
· Carry out regular monitoring and supervision missions to ensure the proper financial execution of projects.
· Collaborate with Finance Associates at Global Finance in the management of the monthly financial report.
· Work with the Logistic Officer in monitoring fuel management.
· Ensure the follow-up of insurance contracts for its proper accounting.
· Monitor with the Human Resources manager and verify calculation of retirement, leave and severance accruals
· Ensure that all payment receipts for social and tax contributions are filed correctly.
· Follow up with the Human Resources manager on the timely filing of Timesheets in Journyx.
· Follow with the Human Resources manager the management of the health insurance policy for its proper accounting.
· Weekly analysis of office cash balance.
· Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of requests for funds addressed to Global Finance (Wire Transfer) and to the various donors by submitting the appropriate documents Monitoring and planning of office payments.
· Review and approve the statement payments.
· Monthly reconciliation of staff’s advances
· Train, support and advise Partners on the roles, responsibilities and processes related to the procedures for transferring Operational Funds and on the financial management of projects.
· Monitor the cash position of projects and the amounts committed.
· Alert the supervisor and/or program manager to any project financial risk related to the above
· Elaboration of budget proposals: Budget preparation for proposals, pipeline budgets for no cost or cost extensions, etc.
· Analysis and projections of actual costs for Annual Budget process
· Review of Mi-Term Budgets
· Review of budget activities
· Ensure tracking codes issued are used correctly and consistently by Country Office and instruct Country Office (with the approval of Finance Manager) to prepare adjusting/reclassification entries if necessary.
· Make the budget analysis of the projects in portfolio after each closure.
· Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of audit missions of the office.
· Assist the Finance Manager in monitoring internal or external audit activities.
· Assist the Finance Manager in responding to internal control requests.
· In English preparation of monthly documentation of submit to donors.
· In English in charge of Internal control (Respect of internal rules and policies)
· Perform any other task assigned by the hierarchy.
(not sure if this is audit related.
· Prepare donor report and ensure timely submission for review and approval by Finance Manager and Global Finance Department.
· In charge of the budget follow-up (Budgets Vs Actuals) of projects.
· Make monthly projections to facilitate cash transaction requests within budget limits.
· Analyze expenses to ensure they are in line with Helen Keller and donor requirements.
· Assistance in the audit reports.
· Assist the Finance Manager in the supervision and monitoring of the accounting management of structures sub-beneficiaries of Project funds.
· Diplomas and equivalences: bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting, Equivalence in Reporting et Audit;
· Experience: 5-6 years (Experience in audit firm will be an asset)
· Written and spoken Language: French and English (fluency in the English language would be an asset);
· Experience in International NGOs;
· Ability to work independently;
· Specific IT knowledge (Word, Excel et PowerPoint)
· Sense of responsibility, Rigorous, Dynamic, and committed,
· Can work under pressure, Team spirit,
· A cover letter addressed to the Country Director;
· A curriculum vitae;
· Reference persons or structures to contact.
How to apply
Qualified applicants should send the complete application file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. Deadline for applications submission: 6th June 2023 at midnight.
Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity of all kinds is
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of ethnicity, race, caste, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic that does not affect the ability to perform the required duties.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email address above or by phone: email@example.com
NB: HELEN KELLER INTL
· DOES NOT CHARGE ANY FEES OF ANY KIND TO THE CANDIDATE DURING THE ENTIRE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, EXAMINATION, INTERVIEWS,
· PROCESSING OR TRAINING) DOES NOT REQUEST BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION FROM CANDIDATES;
· DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH A RECRUITMENT AGENCY
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |