Requisition ID: req37514
Job Title: Warehouse and Asset Assistant
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Bamenda, Cameroon
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer, the Warehouse and Asset Assistant is responsible for managing assets and stocks to ensure the proper implementation of supply activities on the Base.
The Warehouse Assistant will be responsible for:
1) Receive orders and work
· He/She constitutes reception documents in accordance with the organization's procedures and the mechanisms put in place
· He/She validates the quality of the goods to the applicants within the framework of the deliveries with reference to the sample given by the supplier and validated by the applicant,and ensures the joint delivery of the orders with the Procurement Assistant.
· He/She checks the expiry/expiry dates during deliveries with the applicants for perishable products such as medicines, foodstuffs, etc.
· He/She ensures that the delivered goods meet quality standards and respect IRC ethical purchasing standards
· He/She checks the conformity of the documents submitted by the suppliers: pro forma, invoice, delivery documents
· He/She checks and ensures the compliance of the files and sends them to Procurement for the preparation of the payment request (PRF)
· If the reception takes place at the office, he/(She) participates in the reception of the goods with the applicants
· If the reception is planned in the field, She/he will take the necessary steps to do so jointly with the program teams or send the Program Manager the order form and possibly the shipping slip (waybill).
1) Contribute to the management of base assets
Conduct rotating inventories every 02 months and annually according to IRC procedures and the provisions defined on the basis
Ensure the updating of all asset management documents (Assets) / property and share it with his hierarchy on a monthly basis
Set up documentation in accordance with the principles of asset and property management;
Ensure the monitoring and transfer of assets and property;
Ensure the marking and registration (Target) of the assets and property of the database;
Ensure the decommissioning, disposal, donation or transfer of assets according to the procedures
2) Contribute to the stock management of the base
Supervise work within warehouses / stores;
Ensure the cleanliness of warehouses / stores;
Ensure the standard classification of items and place bin Cards;
Ensure that the records and documentation according to the system in place are up to date;
Ensure that outputs are made in accordance with rotation procedures (FIFO/FEFO);
Keep the warehouse register up to date;
Ensure that the receipt and shipment of goods are made in accordance with the procedure in place;
Participate in all inventories or stock checks;
Report to the Supply Chain Officer any breach noted at the warehouse level;
Make proposals to improve classifications, archiving or any other activity deemed relevant.
3) Specific tasks
· Daily update of all activities within the warehouses;
· Report difficulties and propose solutions;
· Ensure regular communication with the Supply Chain Officer and the requesting staff;
· Be attentive to the various requests;
· Be pragmatic in reactions;
· Maintain good relations and collaboration with colleagues from other departments
Contribute to internal reports related to inventory and assets
Ensure the collection of quality data related to inventory and asset management activities
Ensure regular communication with the Supply Chain Officer to integrate priorities in the implementation of support activities and programs.
Perform any other tasks at the request of his hierarchy
Commitment in general
· Commit to mandatory reporting policies
· Commit to ensuring the optimal implementation of these policies in its work environment
· Be available to perform any other task deemed useful by his direct superior or by the IRC
This description of tasks can be updated according to the revision of the objectives of the country program
· He/She ensures that suppliers respect the delivery times and places agreed upon when placing orders
· He/She ensures proper physical and electronic archiving of all order documents, delivery/receipt of the database.
· He/She participates in the preparation of audits in his/her area of expertise
· He/She ensures the relationship with suppliers and service providers and may be required to manage disputes with them in collaboration with his hierarchy.
· During maintenance work or various rehabilitations, he/she draws up the certificate of end of service (COC) in conjunction with the Transport Assistant.
· Be of Cameroonian nationality.
· At least a BSc/HND or relevant professional experience and qualification
· Knowledge of basic inventory and asset management systems and forms.
· Skill in writing small reports
· Good mathematical skills.
· Good use of computer tools with an emphasis on spreadsheets (Excel).
· Experience with an international humanitarian NGO
· Be familiar with the management and supervision of a team of drivers or have 1 year experience in a similar position
· Familiarization with the Microsoft Package
· Fluent in English
· Team player
· Autonomy in work
· Person with strong integrity/probability
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
· Problem solving skills.
Good knowledge of the local environment and culture
Composition of the Application
· Cover letter that clearly explains why you feel you are capable of taking on this position.
· Up-to-date resume.
· Photocopy of diplomas.
· Photocopy of the documents that justify the experience of the candidate (certificate of internship, work certificate, certificates of services rendered ...).
Names, functions, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: February 3rd, 2023
All applications must be submitted ONLINE at : https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/37514
| (c) http://minajobs.net