Position: Communications Officer, CoSMO Project
Employer: National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC)
Supervisor: Policy and Advocacy Manager — CoSMO / Head of Projects Unit, NECC
Town, Country: Yaounde, Cameroon
Publication date: 31 st January 2023
Number of positions: 01
Expected start date: 01 st March 2023
Duration of the project: 5 years (2023-2028)
Duration of Contract: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
ABOUT THE NECC
The National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC) is the Head Quarter of the Catholic Church in Cameroon, where the promotion of human dignity is at the center of the concerns of the Sustainable Development Goals. NECC works to ensure dignity of the human being, common good, subsidiarity and in solidarity of all humans. NECC's development work in Cameroon is accomplished through, access to quality education, health, promoting commitment of the faithful for the reduction of inequalities and empowerment of vulnerable groups.
SOMMARY OF THE CoSMÖ PROJECT
The 5-year, approximately US$33 million Consolidating Systems and Services for the Management of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (CoSMO) Project funded by the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) will cover at least 68 health districts across all 10 regions of Cameroon. The program will be implemented by a consortium of local organizations led by the National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC) as from January 1, 2023.
The OVC program addresses the challenges of sustainable care and support to OVC by strengthening the capacities of the Government of the Republic of Cameroon (GRC), civil society, communities, and households to provide quality care and support to HIV-infected and affected children in Cameroon. Under the leadership of NECC, sub-recipients' partners, the Government of Cameroon and other stakeholders will work collaboratively to reach about 65,000 OVC and their families in health districts across the country where the HIV burden is high. The program consists of HIV prevention and case finding activities for OVC as well as ensuring community support for linkage to care and retention among children and adolescents living with HIV with the goal of contributing to HIV epidemic control by attaining and sustaining the 95-95-95 targets of UNAIDS.
22231 15 92/222 31 15
Pays : Mvolyé
TERMS OF REFERENCE JOB Summary
NECC seeks the services of a Communication officer who will spend 75% of his/her effort on CoSMO and 25% on predefined activities related to communication for the Projects Unit. The CoSMO project Communication Officer will develop and implement communications strategies for internal and external audiences including personnel, project activities, partners including government ministries, donor, Sub Recipients - Implementing Partners and project participants using the appropriate mediums all in a bid to promote the visibility of NECC, NECC's projects, donors' inputs, projects' outputs, outcomes and impacts in the national territory. This role will support project management team to ascertain public awareness as a strategic process towards strengthening stakeholder support in the consolidation, appropriation and the sustainability of systems and services for the management of Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Cameroon.
• In collaboration with the Communication Commission of NECC, develop, update and implement effective communications plan /strategies and activities to accompany NECC and her partners,
• Develop communication products to increase overall visibility of NECC and her partners. Lead the production of brochures, flyers, short videos and other communication materials which showcase the USAID/PEPFAR funded CoSMO project.
Map, develop and maintain a data base and relationship with influential media organizations, journalists and contacts for effective visibility of NECC and her projects/activities.
• Lead and train CoSMO project staff and partners on the elaboration and dissemination of best practices and success stories via the production of content for the website, newsletters, print publications, photo and video coverages.
• Making NECC and CoSMO activities known on various mass/social media platforms.
• Sensitize communities for change: Develop and disseminate IEC materials for behaviour change including the use of social media and role models; Support the carrying out of community awareness activities during commemorative events like the International Day of the African Child, World AIDS Day, international women's day, 1 6 Days of activism against gender-based violence to address social and gender norms and to strengthen mechanisms and systems for reporting and management of sexual violence.
• Producing monthly or quarterly newsletters and annual magazines on CoSMO activities.
222 31 15 92/222 31 15 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pays : - Mvolyé
• Diagnose, suggest and address the communication needs of colleagues and partners, being mindful of equality, policy issues and the diverse needs of the range of stakeholders and beneficiaries involved in the CoSMO project. Producing newsletters as needed on activities of other commissions and services of NECC
MINIMUM QUALIFICAT'ONS Education and experience
• At least a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism and Mass Communication, social marketing, public information, international relations, or other related fields.
A Master's degree in the field would be an asset
At least four (04) years' experience in aspects related to communication.
Experience as a journalist will be an advantage
Previous work experience in the communication department of a religious institution will be an advantage.
Experience of producing a range of marketing and communication materials
Experience in graphic design needed.
Outstanding news writing, editing skills and social media skills will be a plus
Skills, Knowledge and competencies
Ability to understand complex issues, and synthesize relevant data, information and findings for quality analysis and informative reports for public relations.
Ability to translate complex issues into languages that can be understood by target audience.
Ability to work independently under minimal supervision Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
Ability to work as part of a team
Knowledge and good understanding of organization and donor marking and brandings policy.
Ability to seek feedback from internal and external stakeholders on the effectiveness and efficiency of the service you provide.
Basic Knowledge and understanding of HIV and OVC care in Cameroon. Knowledge and a good understanding of Microsoft Office applications. and internet applications,
Language Requirements/Desired: Must be bilingual with a working knowledge of
English and French. Knowledge and understanding of other languages like Fulfude, pidgin etc will be an advantage
Travel required: 50% travel within Cameroon (all 10 regions).
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Supervisory: Policy and Advocacy Manager — CoSMO / Head of Projects Unit, NECC
Internal: All CoSMO staff at the central and field levels
External: All CoSMO stakeholders
NECC-wide competencies (for all NECC staff)
These are rooted in values, guiding principles, and mission of the Catholic Church and the NECC. They are required of each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. These are:
Respect for the dignity of human being
Respect for the common good
Respect for the principle of subsidiarity
Respect for the principle of solidarity
Trust in all relationships
Partnership with others
Responsibility and accountability
Responsibility and management
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, tasks and responsibilities associated with the position. NECC's talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. NECC is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Files MUST ONLY include:
1 . Cover letter addressed to the Secretary General of NECC of 1 page maximum
2. CV of maximum 4 pages
3. List of at least 3 references, one of which should be a leader of a religious/faith community
4. Evidence of relevant academic / professional qualifications
5. Proof of professional experience.
All files MUST be submitted in pdf and renamed as follow: "File name_your name" for example "CV_Your name".
You can apply by sending your applications to the following address: email@example.com. mentioning "Communications Officer - CoSMO" in the subject line.
Deadline: 15/02/2023 at midnight Cameroon time.
No applications submitted through any other channel than the one indicated above will be considered.
Incomplete applications, applications received after the deadline, applications that do not comply with the above instructions will not be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. This position is reserved only for Cameroonian nationals. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: In applying for this job, the applicant must understand that NECC protects human life at all costs and will require the applicant to do the same if recruited. NECC also asks its staff to treat all persons with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and trafficking.
| (c) http://minajobs.net