1. Type of Assignment: National UN Volunteer
2. Type of Assignment Place: Family Duty Station
3. Assignment Title: Site Maintenance Assistant
4. Link with UNV Strategic Framework : Securing access to Basic Social Services
5. Duty Station, Country: Bertoua, Cameroon
6. Duration (in months): 12
7. expected Starting Date: November 2017
8. host Agency/Host Institute: WFP Cameroon
9. Organizational Context/Project: Assisting 80 million people in around 80 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide, delivering food as-sistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resili-ence.
Nearly 40 percent of Cameroon's population still live below the poverty line and human devel-opment indicators remain low. Classified as lower-middle-income, the country ranks 153 out of 188 according to the 2015 Human Development Index. The 2015 Global Hunger Index (GHI) ranks Cameroon 68 out of 104 with a score of 24.2, placing it in the “serious” severity level of hunger.
13. Living Conditions:
Conditions are met to live with family in Bertoua. Several UN agencies have offices there. It can be reach by plane, bus or car.
14. Conditions of Service for national UN Volunteers
A 12 - month contract; with subsequent contract extensions subject to availability of funding, operational necessity and satisfactory performance. However, there is no expectation of renewal of the assignment.
Travel to duty station (if applicable) and a Settling-In-Grant will be provided in the event duty station is not within commuting distance from the place of recruitment. A Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) of 438.083 XAF is provided monthly to cover housing, utilities and normal cost of living expenses. Life, health and permanent disability insurance are included (health insurance for up to 3 dependents), as well as final repatriation (if applicable) and resettlement allowance for satisfactory service.
10. Description of tasks:
Under the direct supervision of ICT Operations in Bertoua and within delegated authority the Youth National UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
· Plan, coordinate and provide a full range of site maintenance and installation works, to ensure preventive maintenance (e.g. for generators, electrical appliances, etc.) is carried out regularly ensuring well-functioning equipment.
· Support deployment of and provide technical supervision to external contractors, to facilitate efficient and cost-effective servicing or intervention for any major electrical installations, maintenance or repairs.
· Install, maintain and repair all kinds of electrical equipment and appliances including wiring and distribution systems, to ensure safe and reliable working environment in compliance with electrical standards.
· Perform regular and ad hoc installations, repairs and maintenance, to ensure all installations meet established safety standards.
· Assist in maintaining accurate inventory records through physical check and maintenance of lists/database, and arrange disposal of identified equipment and materials, strictly following WFP assets management guidelines.
· Compile and provide accurate reports on works undertaken, services provided, materials procured and used for installations/repairs including accurate generator fuel log books, to support accurate accounting and enable efficient planning for future works/services.
· Contribute to evaluation of required installation/repair works, compare prices of materials, and contribute to planning of future preventive maintenance works, to support efficient and costeffective site maintenance services.Escalate IT problems to the IT Service Desk when required (opening – follow-up and closure of incidents).
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
· Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications
· Take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD);
· Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
· Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
· Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
· Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
· Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
· Advocate for the use of UN Volunteers in the host agency
11. Results/Expected Output:
· Electrical infrastructures are operational in the SO in Bertoua along with SOs in Batouri, Meiganga, Ngaoundere and Warehouses.
· Ensure maintenance plan as agreed with the contractors.
· Manage all electrical services in the field,
· Timely maintain and monitor all electrical equipment
· A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development during the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed.
· Ensure accurate reports of all assets/repairs are properly kept,
· At least one article written for UNV Programme
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |