Job Number: 510999 | Vacancy LinkLocations: Africa: CameroonWork Type : Temporary Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a chance in life!
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, nutrition, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the Position
The Nutrition Specialist reports to the Chief of Nutrition (Level 4) for guidance and general supervision. The Specialist supports the development and preparation of the nutrition (or a sector of) program/s and is responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of progress of the IYCF projects/interventions within the country nutrition program. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable results in IYCF programs/projects according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM) and UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Key Expected Results
1.Support to IYCF program/project development and planning
· Support the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis for the IYCF component of the nutrition sector to ensure timely comprehensive and current data on infant and young child feeding are available to guide policy and development, design and management of nutrition programs/projects. · Participate in strategic program discussion on the planning of nutrition programs/projects. Formulate, design and prepare a sector of the nutrition programs/projects proposal, ensuring alignment with the overall UNICEF’s Strategic Plans and Country Program and coherence/integration with UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDF), regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
· Establish specific goals, objectives and strategies and implementation plans for the sector/s based on results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare required documentations for program review and approval.
· Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies and to determine national priorities/competencies to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results. Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes and to ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of programs/projects with other UNICEF sectors and achievement of results as planned and allocated.
· Lead the technical organization and facilitation of country level IYCF workshop with country stakeholders to roll out IYCF guidelines across the country .
· Review, analysis and preparation of a strategic programme document to support advocacy, communication and programme actions for scaling and strengthening the comprehensiveness of strategies for improving outcomes of programmes related to IYCF practices.
2. Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
· Plan and/or collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurement to assess/strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the assigned sector in nutrition programs.
· Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results.
· Prepare/assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in program and management, identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals. Actively monitor programs/projects through field visits, surveys and/or exchange of information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
· Monitor and verify the optimum/appropriate use of sectoral program resources (financial, administrative and other assets) confirming compliance with organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity and ensuring timely reporting and liquidation of resources. Prepare regular/mandated program/project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress.
3. Technical and operational support to program implementation
· Provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on interpretation, application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices and approaches on nutrition and related issues to support program development planning, management, implementation and delivery of results.
· Participate in discussions with national partners/clients/stakeholders to promote nutrition and development issues especially in the areas of emergency preparedness and maternal, newborn and child survival and development.
· Draft policy papers, briefs and other strategic program materials for management use, information and/or consideration. Participate in emergency preparedness initiatives program development and contingency planning and/or to respond to emergencies in country or where designated.
4. Networking and partnership building
· Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with nutrition sector government counterparts, national stakeholders and global partners/allies/donors/academia through active networking, advocacy and effective communication to build capacity and exchange knowledge/expertise to facilitate the achievement of program goals and social justice and equity for the rights of mothers, newborn and children.
· Prepare communication and information materials for CO program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund raising for nutrition programs (maternal, newborn and child survival and development).
· Participate and/or represent UNICEF in appropriate inter-agency (UNCT) discussions and planning on nutrition and related issues to collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues on UNDAF planning and preparation of nutrition programs/projects ensuring organizational position, interests and priorities are fully considered and integrated in the UNDAF process in development planning and agenda setting.
5. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
· Apply/introduce innovative approaches and good practice to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
· Keep abreast, research, benchmark and implement best and cutting edge practices in nutrition management and information systems. Assess, institutionalize and share best practices and knowledge learned.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of sustainable programs and projects.
· Organize and implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders to promote sustainable results on health related programs/projects.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Integrity, Diversity and inclusion
Core Competencies: Communication (II), Working with people (I), Drive for results (I)
Functional Competencies: Formulating strategies and concepts (I), Analyzing (II), Applying technical expertise (II), Learning and researching (II), Planning and organizing (II)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp / Email | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium Express |