Post Title: Logistics Assistant - Transport
Duration: 12 months
Contract Type: SC5
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs) and Area/field Offices. Job holders report to Logistics Officer, a Head of Unit, or the designate.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. With more than 18,000 colleagues worldwide, WFP works to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Cameroon Country Office
Since 1978, WFP has actively assisted humanitarian and development interventions in Cameroon. Between 2014 and 2019, WFP has provided lifesaving and resilience building, food and nutrition assistance to refugees, internal displaced people and local communities, which has contributed to stabilizing the food security situation among vulnerable groups in Cameroon in pursuit of Zero Hunger.
WFP now operates through its main office in Yaoundé, with five Field Offices in Maroua (Far North), Ngaoundere (Adamawa), Bertoua (East), Buea (South West) and Bamenda (North West) and three antennas in Meiganga (Adamawa), Batouri (East) and Kousseri (Far North) to ensure proximity with the beneficiaries. This position will be based in Yaoundé.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exclusive):
1. Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
3. Support management of logistics vendors' contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
4. Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
5. Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
6. Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
7. Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
8. Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
9. Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
10. Collect and compile data produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
11. Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
12. Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
Qualifications & Key Requirements
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES:
Description of the behavior expected for the proficiency level
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives
Helps teammates articulate WFP's Strategic Objectives.
Be a force for positive change
Suggests potential improvements to team's work processes to supervisor.
Make the mission inspiring to our team
Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions
Articulates how own unit's responsibilities will serve WFP's mission.
Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills
Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
Create an inclusive culture
Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback
Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
Create an "I will" spirit
Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions
Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
Focus on getting results
Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
Make commitments and make good on commitments
Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
Connect and share across WFP units
Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
Build strong external partnerships
Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
Be politically agile & adaptable
Develops an understanding of the value of WFP's teams and external partners in fulfilling team's goals and objectives,
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships
Aligns own activities with supervisor's priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Supply Chain Management and Optimization
Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
Planning, Project & Resource Management
Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources,
Information Management & Reporting
Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution
Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
Warehouse and Inventory Management
Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination
Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
| Alertes SMS / WhatsApp | Modèles Gratuits : CVs et Lettres | CV Premium | FAQs | Forums Emplois |